Friday, March 30, 2012

Hey JC, JC...



I have always wanted to use this clip on Palm Sunday...but I've yet to find a community that would truly appreciate 1) my sense of humor or 2) the complete appropriateness of this clip on Palm Sunday.

I don't even know what I have to say about this except that I feel like so much of the church has grown into the Pharisees and Priests on the scaffolding, who are terrified of the rabble who celebrate the presence of Christ in their lives and have forgotten about the peace and joy that goes along with grace and forgiveness.

I wonder what would happen if Jesus rode into our places of worship today?  Would he be surrounded by the broken and the hurting?  Would he find them in our midst?  Or would he see people who have forgotten that being the Beloved is a gift that is given to all of us, something we haven't earned, has nothing to do with how well we walk the line?

No comments:

Post a Comment