Thursday, July 7, 2011

When God shows up at the Motel 6

And we're here now feeling the beat
Of a thousand hearts
Coming back to life again
We can make it

"Anthem for the Underdog" by 12 Stones.

I admit that I'm a junkie for being part of a moment when people "get it", when hearts come back to life again.

I witnessed one of those moments last night. And I got so excited I think I scared the person.

But this mother of three little girls says in our Book Study last night, "I struggle with the whole semantic thing of 'going to worship.' I want to worship all the time, everywhere.  I want it to ooze out of my skin!"

Yeah, hearts coming back to life again.

Why do I do what I do?  Because of moments like that.  I'm hooked on it.  I'm addicted to being in the room when God shows up and turns on the light bulb in the hearts of others.

And yes, we'll leave the light on for you...

Pacem.


No comments:

Post a Comment