Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thinking Out Loud

"Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit, I"

Those words are from "Learning to Fly" by Pink Floyd.

I keep hoping that maybe someday I will have learned the skill.  But learning I remain.

There is a passion in my soul, a fire in my belly, a dream in my heart and the more I chase it the more elusive it becomes.  I used the lyrics from Learning to Fly because right now I feel so tounge-tied when it comes to the Dream that's been sown into the soil of my being.

I am reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan with some members of the Chapel Community I am so blessed to nurture and last night I shared my epiphany that I still compartmentalize my life.  I confessed that my walk of discipleship can be more professional than personal.

I have spent a lot of time telling people that they need to get out of the box; that they have to get out of the boat and meet Christ on the raging waters....and that if they keep their eyes on Him they can do anything.
And yet if I look deep into my soul, I think I just keep moving into different boats.

Maybe you don't want to hear this... 

Mabye I'm just bored with adminstrivia...

But I know there is a dream out there, still, that's waiting for me to chase it.  I told somebody what it looked like once.  Once. (tip of the hat to Johnny Dangerously, there). 

The thing is, I know I could run that sucker down, too.

Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Don't panic.  (But always have your towel handy...)

Pacem.

No comments:

Post a Comment