Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Photo-A-Day Number One: Announce

It's a terrible photo, but to be fair I was on my morning run and it was about 5:20 a.m.

The theme for Ash Wednesday from Rethink Church's 40 Days of Photos for Lent is "Announce."

I want to be as open to seeing the words revealed around me rather than planning out what pictures I want to take based on the word/theme of the day. 

So I was running and it's dark and I come upon this area of construction that I frequently encounter on my running outings and I recognize that the red flashing lights are directing people to the safe place for walking. There's even thick rubber mats to reduce the risk of tripping over rocks.  But the band of red lights sort of shout into the darkness, "Here! This is the safe path! This is where you need to be." And I knew that this was today's picture.

Even if the quality is horrible.

#rethinkchurch
#Lent
#Announce

No comments:

Post a Comment